JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text Auto Reply While Driving

(Topic created: 10-05-2023 07:19 AM)
FredV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Our state is getting overly aggressive with people who Text in their car.  Just looking at a text while driving can cost you several hundred dollars and points on your license.   Is there a way to set up a texting auto-responder which would be triggered by a person driving? 

For example, I’m driving, and you text me.  You would receive back a message saying:

I’m presently driving and can not look at, nor respond to any text message.  I will respond once I have arrived at my destination and have a moment to review messages.  Thank you.

I have been referred to an AT&T app, a SamSung app, Android Auto app; neither of which worked.  Is anyone using a simple “guaranteed to work” app to auto respond to texts while driving?

Looking for a reply from someone who knows of a specific app, and not a blind guess.

6 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
There are several auto reply text apps offered in the Google Play Store.

I cannot suggest to you a specific app as I use my car's software or Android Auto and can listen to and respond to text messages hands free, which is legal to do in my state.
0 Likes
FredV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Correct, there are apps on the Google Play Store.  Know which ones work?

That's been the problem.  Either the apps are faulty, or the information in various "help" forums is old, incomplete, or in error.

Still looking for a solution.  I wish SamSung would step up.

Adnae
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Android Auto does this for me
0 Likes
FredV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Answer does not solve the problem.  Thanks anyway.

Adnae
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It's an app. That you can download. You asked for advice on what apps actually work, Android Auto does.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes