JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unwanted Photos Backup

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 02:01 PM)
HickoryC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

New phone continuously creates a folder in ONE DRIVE named SAMSUNG, under the category PHOTOS. It then uses that site as an automatic backup of PHOTOS on my phone. I have been unable to find the instruction to tell it to stop. I have a paid photo backup. One Drive is maxed out daily until I delete that folder. Have never backed up photos to One Drive since Documents backed up take up 86% of the free space. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello!, If you want to get rid of one drive altogether, you can press and hold the app icon then press "disable". If you only want to disable photo backup, you can go on the One Drive app> Me> Settings> Camera backup, then edit your preferences.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello!, If you want to get rid of one drive altogether, you can press and hold the app icon then press "disable". If you only want to disable photo backup, you can go on the One Drive app> Me> Settings> Camera backup, then edit your preferences.

HickoryC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks Grayo. I disabled it.  BTW, under Settings, neither "Camera" nor "Backup" was a choice. Didn't need it on S23+ anyway.

Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I was referring to the "stop backing up" option. But it's good your issue was resolved! If you don't mind, could you accept my solution so it's easily visible to others who may have the same issue. Thanks!