Original topic:

Facebook Messenger Notification Issue

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 04:01 AM)
ahhchoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the s24 Ultra. 

When I'm not using my phone, Facebook Messenger works fine and sends me a notification. However, it's when I'm using my phone, I don't get any notification sounds that I got a message. 

I've checked all my settings and it's all on, cleared the cache of the app, un-installed and reinstalled the app, even went as far as Factory reset my phone and it's still the same. 

I've contacted the Samsung support team to help me figure this out but all they did was clear the cache on the app and thought they solved the issue. 

Can anyone help? 
12 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

It's frustrating to experience notification issues, especially after trying various troubleshooting steps. Here are additional suggestions you can try to resolve the notification sound problem for Facebook Messenger on your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra:

1. Check Sound Settings: Confirm that your phone's sound settings are configured correctly. Go to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume, and ensure that the Media, Notifications, and System volumes are appropriately set.

2. In-App Notification Settings: Open the Facebook Messenger app and go to its settings to check if the in-app notification settings are configured as expected. Sometimes, the app itself might have settings that can override the system settings.

3. Battery Optimization: Ensure that Facebook Messenger is not being excessively optimized to save battery. In some cases, aggressive battery optimization can lead to delayed or missed notifications.

• Go to Settings > Apps > Facebook Messenger.
    • Tap on "Battery."
    • Disable any battery optimization settings if enabled.
  4. Background Data Restriction: Confirm that background data is not restricted for the Messenger app. This can be checked in the app settings:

• Tap on "Mobile data & Wi-Fi."
    • Make sure "Background data" is enabled.
  5. App Permissions: Verify that Messenger has the necessary permissions to run in the background and send notifications:

• Tap on "Permissions" and ensure that necessary permissions like "Notifications" are granted.
  6. Do Not Disturb Mode: Check if your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode, which could be suppressing notification sounds:

• Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings menu.
    • Check if the Do Not Disturb icon is active. If so, deactivate it.
  7. Notification Categories: In some cases, apps have specific notification categories that can be individually configured. Check if Facebook Messenger has specific categories for different types of notifications (e.g., messages) and ensure they are set to make a sound.

8. Reinstall with Notifications Enabled: Uninstall Facebook Messenger, restart your phone, and then reinstall the app. During the reinstallation process, make sure to grant all necessary permissions, including notification access.

ahhchoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you! I'll try these.
0 Likes
coolroman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am facing same issue on my s24 ultra.. notifications are working perfectly on lock screen vibrates, clear sound, message pop ups. But when using phone while unlocked no any vibration no sound no message pop up only i can see messenger logo in notification bar when someone sends message. Please Help! 

ahhchoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Still having the same issue. I contacted the support team and all they got me doing is make an error report. I did make an error report however, I got a response from the report stating to provide proof. I just submitted the proof yesterday. Let's see what they are going to say.
user02mAd0vKYs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Having the same problem
0 Likes
ahhchoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I think it's just a bug that needs to be fixed. I just suggest reporting it. Go to Support and under Send Feedback and then select Error Report. I chose the Sound/Vibration.

I think the more report they get the sooner they will fix this.
0 Likes
Members_sE0fdGm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

So, I've tried everything. It is a Samsung issue. This started on my S23 Ultra. When I upgraded to the S24 Ultra still never get any FB notifications. I have a spare phone that is not Samsung but also runs android and I get notifications for FB just fine. I can also log in to a friend's iPhone and get notifications just fine. This is strictly a Samsung issue, and I can't get any FB notifications on any SAMSUNG phone. Has anyone found a fix?

0 Likes
coolroman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine is fixed now automatically i have sent them error reports they have asked to send a log files with in 3 minutes of issue happens i sent them again now its fixed finally receiving all notifications,pop up message, sounds, vibrates upon incoming message on home screen. ā˜ŗļø

Gr8space
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Within 3 mins of not recieving a notification of a message received?

0 Likes