JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Repeat notifications BUG

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 01:20 PM)
Teezmonkey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

So if you go into Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings and turn on repeat notifications you can set your notifications to repeat should you have missed it the first time.  I had this set to repeat every 10 minutes and every 10 minutes I would get the notification sound but there would no notification.  Through process of elimination I narrowed it down the Samsung Message app (text messages) as the culprit.  For whatever reason this app is causing the repeat notification to trigger even when there is no missed text message.  I tested this by turning the repeat notification for apps one at a time and setting the interval to 3 minutes and would unchecked 1 app at a time until the repeat notification stopped happening.  Hopefully samsung looks into this as I would like to have this set for the Messages

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Teezmonkey, Thanks for posting these steps! We are sure other Members will find this helpful!

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Teezmonkey, Thanks for posting these steps! We are sure other Members will find this helpful!

Pablowsa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I will try tnx

Nothing will silence it , turn it down or ....or........or......

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe Samsung will address all the issues, but thanks for sharing. I have seen so many negative posts about the S24 Ultra, and I am patiently waiting for my birthday gift!!!!!! Thank you, @Teezmonkey!!!!!
0 Likes
KJN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just purchased the s24 Ultra and set it up for pop-up style notifications and to have them repeat every three minutes, I receive the initial notification but none at the3 minute mark. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
userPF7HpHu69u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
for me, too. It worked for a bit, then quit.
0 Likes
Squirt2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too
0 Likes
Squirt2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a S24Ultra and when I type it, repeat typing and person gets same thing twice!
0 Likes