JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S-View Cover and Google Assistant bug

(Topic created: Tuesday)
msz1261
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I posted this bug right after the s24 release but now I can't find the original post and it is still not fixed 6 months later.

I don't think it's anything unique with my set up but somebody else who has the s view cover with a Samsung s24 Ultra can tell me if they see the same thing happening.

If you close the cover and say something like hey Google what's the weather out like today? The assistant starts to answer and then cuts out. Every time. It took me a while to figure out why it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. If you wait for the screen time out to hit ( auto lock with screen turned off) then it works again. If you lock the phone with the side button before closing the cover it works fine. It's only that in between time when you close the cover and wait for it to lock automatically based on whatever setting you have that it doesn't work.

If there's another place to report this bug please let me know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Sounds like a google issue - I would report it to them. You can also try submitting an error report through the members application. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/#:....

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Sounds like a google issue - I would report it to them. You can also try submitting an error report through the members application. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/#:....

msz1261
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks I will try, but I don't agree and think it's specific to the s24. The s22 and s20v were basically the same thing and I had my s23 still before trade in at the time I got my s24 and noticed this problem. It didn't happen on the s23 ever. Functionality due to closing the cover is specific to the Samsung software/firmware.
0 Likes