Re: 860 EVO Firmware RVT04B6Q

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine got pretty impressive improvement after firmware update Robot Very Happy

Benchmark.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get this error failed to update firmware on the selected drive.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem. Week ago i upgraded firmware. Before upgrade ~500 Mb/sec write or read. And now I have ~250 Mb/sec write and read. What can I do?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same, I cant update I got an error message from Samsung Magician.Screenshot_2.png

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just installed the 860 EVO 2TB and cloned my R7 480GB SSD over to the new Samsung 2TB.

After I got done, and put the Samsung as the Primary drive, I checked and have the RVT03B6Q Firmware, and Magician says it is the latest (doesn't give me the option to update to RVT04B6Q firmware).

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how to resolve this problem same here problem

@usereEjoaGfFQV wrote:

Same, I cant update I got an error message from Samsung Magician.Screenshot_2.png

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.  Both my desktop computers have 860 EVO SSD set up as the system drive.  The first was prompted to update Magician a couple weeks ago, and subsequently the firmware update.  I backed up everything then did the firmware without issue.  Later after backing up the second computer, I updated Magician, but I get this error message when trying to update the firmware.  I tried to run the benchmark with Magician to see if it would find some issue to allow the firmware update to work, but the benchmark just causes Windows to lock up.

Should I keep trying to update firmware or not risk fragging the drive?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just finished the update procedure and it's OK for me. It even fixed big problems of detection by my controller marvell.
But I've updated Samsung Magician to version 6.1 if it can help.

Kevin Guimbeau
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DON"T DO IT!!! Upgrading my EVO 860 resulted in a whopping 90% preformance drop. I now have an SSD that is the speed of a HDD. Samsung destroyed my drive.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Geez, after reading all these messages I wonder if I should even bother upgrading my 860/500Gb drive from RVT01B6Q.  The s/w says a firmware upgrade is available but it fails to upgrade.  I'm using Magician 6.1.

Any ideas where I can get RVT03B6Q and do a manual update to that version?  TIA.