JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot access Samsung Portable SSD T5 on macOS with SW v. 1.6.4

(Topic created: 06-30-2019 05:11 AM)
user4UUIAOX3wf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've upgraded to 1.6.4 at first. Then I couldn't access the drive with SW utility telling me the driver was disconnected. So I tried to remove kext and install the app again. After the install it asked for disabling the security mode and upgrading which I did. After the upgrade I enabled security mode again and from that time on I cannot access the data what so every I try with utility SW telling me the same thing as before: "DISCONNECTED. No Samsung Portable SSD is connected" even though it is connected and read-only partition is available.

I'm suspecting some version inconsistency. I wanted to try to run it with 1.6.3 but it is not available on your website.

Thanks for support.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user4UUIAOX3wf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks to this url https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250441920 I was able to solve my problem by emailing samsungmemory@hanaro.eu .

If anyone has problem with Samsung portable T5 and its SW's message "the disk was disconnected" on macOS 10.14.5 , it might be because of update (for me it was update 1.6.3 -> 1.6.4). By mailing the above email you will get lower version (1.6.2) which works.

---

Little complain:

Dear Samsung, your support is really bad.

I don't understand why I got two "Have you been satisfied with our support" forms, one here and one on livechat even though the problem was not solved at all. Livechat was interrupted every time while it tried to connect to operator (I did at least 10 tries) and there's no solution in this thread too.

View solution in context

17 Replies
user4UUIAOX3wf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just posted some additional information but it was marked as s p a m. Still waiting for "world-class support".

Solution
user4UUIAOX3wf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks to this url https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250441920 I was able to solve my problem by emailing samsungmemory@hanaro.eu .

If anyone has problem with Samsung portable T5 and its SW's message "the disk was disconnected" on macOS 10.14.5 , it might be because of update (for me it was update 1.6.3 -> 1.6.4). By mailing the above email you will get lower version (1.6.2) which works.

---

Little complain:

Dear Samsung, your support is really bad.

I don't understand why I got two "Have you been satisfied with our support" forms, one here and one on livechat even though the problem was not solved at all. Livechat was interrupted every time while it tried to connect to operator (I did at least 10 tries) and there's no solution in this thread too.

userNMbabHlffW
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi. I applied the 1.6.4 update and now I have a very thin, stylish "brick". I am stuck. I could not execute any of the "removal" instructions. There is no portableSSD folder found. I tried including the "system files" in Finder by pressing Cmd+Shift+.  I looked everywhere and can't find the suspect folder. All I have is a T5_SETUP volume on my desktop with stuff in it. I tried reinstalling 1.6.3, but it says that there's a newer version already on the system and it fails/exits out? I am not happy with Samsung. How can you not test your update on the latest Mac OS before release??? Any ideas I can try? I did email samsungmemory@hanaro.eu, but it's the weekend - no response. Thanks...

0 Likes
usernehOk0UJU2
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

You can use the following commands on 'Terminal' to reach portableSSD folder, and then uninstall 1.6.4 software.

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/PortableSSD/

osascript CleanupAll.scpt

I'd the same issue and the latest software, that works on Mac, is 1.6.2... Unfortunately, we cannot update Samsung apps if they don't test it properly.

userNMbabHlffW
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks to everyone here for posting about this!!! If I hadn't found this info, I would be stuck with no working drive. Samsung Memory got back to me this morning with the 1.6.2 software and the uninstall instructions. The script produced some interesting messages - like it couldn't find anything or remove anything, but the PortableSSD folder disappeared/got deleted and I could install 1.6.2 again. The drive is working again, thankfully. Beware of bad updates!!!

userVRJAixVQK0
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for your instruction that helps me to uninstall the 1.6.4 version and reinstall the older 1.6.2. My T1 and T5 work again.

Samsung, what is preventing you to release an update that fixes the bugs?

0 Likes
usert4ZZOeNpKO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey , can you share that how you get the 1.6.2 version?  Thanks

userBiq5LT4njq
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

You are an absolute LEGEND!!!! I could not find the uninstall script either, I tried the code you provided in Terminal and ran it, even though it said it could not be found. Then installed the old version 1.6.2 and now it works. Can't thank you enough!

0 Likes
userV87K8x6uaX
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

You don't need to install 1.6.2 version the below document helped me to resolve the issue in case if anyone having the same issue and I am on the latest version which is 1.6.7.

https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/global.semi.static/Troubleshooting+Guide+for+macOS+Compatibi...

0 Likes