JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Data migration software not working

(Topic created: 06-05-2021 01:18 PM)
GALAXYVINE
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I 'm trying to use the Data Migration software to clone my old OS drive(SSD EVO 860 250gb) to a new 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2  1tb.....I downloaded the Samsung data migration software. Very simple process, did exactly as it instructed. It shut the system down on it's own. When I rebooted I went into Bios as I've been told, in order to reassign the boot drive. Went to restart......and it doesn't work!
Here's shots of how I have it set up, and then the error I get when trying to boot from the new 970 Evo. In order to get the system back up I set the old Evo 860 SSD to boot from.
What am I doing wrong???.......please help.

two notes......I did NOT format the new M.2 drive as the instructions did not request that.  My PC is a few years old. Running Win10 Pro20210605_024555.jpg20210605_024616.jpg20210605_024733.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GALAXYVINE
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Update.....problem solved. I hadn't disconnected the old OS drive, so there was a conflict. I disconnected the old drive and the new M.2 booted up perfectly 😉

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
GALAXYVINE
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Update.....problem solved. I hadn't disconnected the old OS drive, so there was a conflict. I disconnected the old drive and the new M.2 booted up perfectly 😉
0 Likes