Original topic:

Odyssey OLED G93SC: Screen Blackout Issue Post Firmware Update 1006.3

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 10:22 AM)
Shwinnx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello Forum Members,

I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a problem I've encountered with my Odyssey OLED G93SC DQHD 49" 0.03ms(GtG) 240Hz HDR True Black 400 FreeSync Premium Pro Curved Gaming Monitor (Model: LS49CG932SNXZA). After updating the firmware to Version 1006.3, I've been experiencing an issue where the screen randomly goes black for about 15 seconds and then comes back on. This happens without any warning and is becoming quite a concern, especially as it disrupts my work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, were you able to resolve it, and how? Any advice or suggestions on troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to understand if this is a common problem post-update and if there are any recommended solutions.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

32 Replies
roytries
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey! I have the exact same problem, it also started happening after updating to 1006.3. I'm not sure what firmware to go back to or where to find older firmware.

For me the panel also goes completely black for a few seconds, when the picture returns it is brighter for one second and then it goes back to normal (maybe it goes to normal mode first, before back to my eco setting?)

Did you find a solution?

Shwinnx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have not yet found a solution unfortunately 

roytries
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

That's super unfortunate. I've talked with support and they advised me to try to install the older 1002.2 version. But the monitor won't let me install an older version. It will complain:

"The software version of the device is later than the software version of the update file. Check the software version of the update file"

So I'm stuck as well.

Habba66
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the exact same problem since upgrading to the latest firmware.

kriminal
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've the same issue when playing at 5120 x 1440 240Hz HDR, no issue at 120Hz.

Random black screen for few seconds with all monitor usb devices disconnected  and then comes back on.

Firmware 1310.

Any suggestion?

roytries
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The problem for me slowly deterioirated, after resetting the settings I couldn't even use it at 240hz anymore. But anyway, I think I've fixed it. 

Disclaimer: I'm not a Samsung employee, so use this at your own risk.

I downloaded firmware 1006.3 again and used a different USB stick that I reformatted as FAT32. I put the three files from the zip on it:
- M-C9349GGAA-1006.3[09E2].img
- 49A2ODYOC.bin
- 49A2ODYOCSUB.bin

And nothing else.

Then I renamed the 'M-C9349GGAA-1006.3[09E2].img' file to M-C9349GGAA-0000.0[09E2].img' as described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/tkn84f/downgrade_samsung_monitor_softwarefirmware/

The monitor now allowed me to flash this firmware, even though the same (or newer) version was already installed. The firmware upgrade went a lot smoother than last time I tried it. Maybe the USB disk I used before was bad. After upgrading and resetting all the settings the monitor started working normally again. It runs at 240hz now without any problems.  I haven't had a black screen yet. If that happens I can try to install v1002.2 that is also available for download. But I didn't want to mess too much with different versions.

Note: inside the monitor support menu it correctly says version 1006.3 is installed. I guess having the 0000.0 in the filename is just a backdoor that allows firmware developers to skip the version check process. 

Hope this helps all of you!

kriminal
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Where can I find the older version of the firmware?

From Samsung site I can download only the latest 1310 version.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shwinnx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does not work whatever you're linking.

0 Likes