cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 9 Shuts Off After Seconds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hellop everyone. I ran into a problem with my Note 9 after the latest update, where when I turn On my phone everything works nice, but after I lock the screen the phone turns itself Off after about 30 seconds. No errors appear, and it doesn't happen if I keep my screen On. Can you help me? Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 Shuts Off After Seconds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useri2vAjtznon Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following inforomation.

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • Street Address
  • Phone Number
  • Place of Purchase/if possible
  • Full Model Code
  • IMEI Number

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useri2vAjtznon Thanks for reaching out. Does this issue still happen in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue

Hey, yes, it still happens. Also fotgot to mention that I did a factory reset yesterday and it worked fine until sometime this morning. What's also strange is that althought the phone looks like its not On, the notification light blinks in a consistent  pattern.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useri2vAjtznon Thank you for that bit of information. As of right now is your phone up to date as far as the software is concern?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. The problem started after the latest update.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useri2vAjtznon Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following inforomation.

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • Street Address
  • Phone Number
  • Place of Purchase/if possible
  • Full Model Code
  • IMEI Number

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Done.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem, The update was at least 2 or 3 weeks ago and today the phone started randomly shutting off, it charges and turns on normally but if I leave the screen off 'poof' and it's off. The LED on Top keeps blinking between blue and green at times.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took my Note 9 to UBREAKIFIX after doing a factory reset. They reloaded the latest update (June 24, 2019 I believe). It solved the problem until I reset up my phone and then it shut off within 30 seconds of turning it on. After  spending hours reading a pile of these posts and others, I disabled fingerprint unlock and voila -- no more problem with it shutting off. How do I get this fixed? Obviously, UBREAKIFIX had no idea this was the issue so I'm concerned about going to them again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the issue. After the June update (which was force installed) having fingerprint unlocking causes my phone to shut down within 30 seconds of having the screen off. After disabling fingerprint unlock, this has gone away completely!

Please fix this Samsung this is ridiculous.