cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Access basic features without unlocking phone (edgevpanel and drop down menu)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want 2 b able 2 access 2 things without unlocking my phone. You see, I use specific features very often and unlocking & switching off the screen is a hindrance fir quick access to basic stuff.

I want to use edge panel to call my family instantly. It's pointless that I have to unlock my phone for family members.

I want to turn on and off features in the drop down menu for switching to mobile data, turn off location & Bluetooth, use Seaham, use flashlight, use my phone as a mobile hot spot, and just every possible feature from the drop down menu.

How can I change the settings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Access basic features without unlocking phone (edgevpanel and drop down menu)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lets put it this way, if someone ELSE, someone unwanted, got a hold of your phone, would you want THEM to be able to enable your wifi hotspot?  Would you want them to be able to call your family?

The flashlight does not require a password from the notification panel, so not sure why you cant use that...

This is a security feature that protects YOU, if it is that much of a bother, and security is no issue to you, you could change the lock method to swipe, and poofta, no passwords required.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Access basic features without unlocking phone (edgevpanel and drop down me..

JUMP TO SOLUTION
good lock app
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Access basic features without unlocking phone (edgevpanel and drop down me..

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You can turn off/on the network lockout via secure lock setting. Flashlight you can change to one of the shortcuts on lock screen. I don't know about calling. Maybe add them to the emergency contact list and then you'll be able to dial family?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It all works

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Access basic features without unlocking phone (edgevpanel and drop down menu)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6V6FQ1Zilc wrote:

I want to turn on and off features in the drop down menu for switching to mobile data, turn off location & Bluetooth, use Seaham, use flashlight, use my phone as a mobile hot spot, and just every possible feature from the drop down menu.

How can I change the settings?

This is already possible. Just swipe down from the top of the lock screen and the quick panel opens. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lets put it this way, if someone ELSE, someone unwanted, got a hold of your phone, would you want THEM to be able to enable your wifi hotspot?  Would you want them to be able to call your family?

The flashlight does not require a password from the notification panel, so not sure why you cant use that...

This is a security feature that protects YOU, if it is that much of a bother, and security is no issue to you, you could change the lock method to swipe, and poofta, no passwords required.

View solution in original post