JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification sound not working for emails

(Topic created: 09-15-2020 05:51 PM)
useryQEF5U4wXw
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I recently started using a Note 20 Ultra and did a 'Smart Switch' from an S8.  I liked and utilized the Samsung email app with the S8 and I want to use it again.  On two of my email accounts through Xfinity, everything seems to work as it should.  On my company email account through Google, I do not receive audio notifications; only vibrate.  I've searched in numerous locations for the setting for that account and I cannot find one; the setting is only available for the other two accounts.  I've removed and reinstalled the account with the same results.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and found a resolution?  Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!
3 Replies
useryQEF5U4wXw
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you for your reply. That is something I already tried, but I ran through it again and it still only vibrates; no audio.
0 Likes
useryQEF5U4wXw
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Ok, thank you; will do.
0 Likes
Solution
useryQEF5U4wXw
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I know this is a strange looking post, but there WAS somebody else commenting. Anyways, I resolved my issue. I removed the Samsung Email app from my phone which deleted all three email accounts. I restarted my Note 20 Ultra, reinstalled the email app through the Galaxy Store and readded all three accounts starting with the company email address, confirming functionality of each as I went. NOTE: ALL OF MY INDIVIDUAL EMAILS WERE BACKED UP AT EITHER GOOGLE OR COMCAST, both are imap accounts. Additional note, I used the 'other' option when selecting the type of account I was adding.