JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I disable the auto video preview in Gallery?

(Topic created: 04-07-2021 07:46 AM)
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20

For the life of me I can't figure out how to disable the auto video preview in Samsung's Gallery. I have tried to search this and I keep finding steps that say to play the video > click the 3 dots in the corner > disable preview. I don't have any option for this. Anyone figured this out, it's driving me crazy. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, with the new updates, there is no option to disable the video previews without hiding all of the video directories. https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-gallery-update-video-previews-cloud-features 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

16 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Video Auto play for stories, slideshows, albums etc... press and hold gallery icon until the pop up menu opens, select the ℹ top right, for the app menu, select option 1, gallery app settings, turn off Auto play motion photos that's defaulted to on.
0 Likes
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Nope, still videos still auto play even with that off.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Video Auto play for saved Videos then right? The above was for picture made videos. Saved videos made by you using the camera, downloaded, transfered etc?
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Correct, any saved video I have will auto play the thumbnail and when I click into it the video will play without sound. When I do click okay it starts off from where the preview left off.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Ok, there is a hard to get to video settings screen so check to see if any of them are on... go to gallery, select a video, once it starts tap the video so the view changes to the video viewing mode and not the preview mode with the white border, thumbnails, or words play video on the screen. Once your there, tap the screen again and quickly pause the video. Now go to the three dot top right more options drop down and select settings from there which are completely different then from the gallery. Let me know
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
What gallery and what's the version number update it's currently at? Can be found on the app info sheet.
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
12.1.03.6 is the version, no settings in the hard to find menu.

Screenshot_20210407-162059_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Ok quick question for you... is your, have you ever, or are unsure if, you ever created a Secure Folder on any Samsung phone your account you're using now was ever signed in on? So I know where to direct you
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
A long long time ago... In a galaxy far away I did create a secured folder on this phone. I have completely wiped to factory on this phone since however.
0 Likes