JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Screen Protector recomendations

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 04:19 PM)
Corrocon
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Has anyone found and tested a tempered  glass screen protector that still allows the in-display fingerprint reader to work and doesn't cause issues with the S-pen? I've looked through dozens on Amazon and elsewhere and none so far have had consistent results. It's frustrating. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Emlrk
Constellation
Options
Note20
Whitestone dome glass screen protector is the only way to go!!! Expensive and not the easiest to apply but totally worth it. I could go on and on but the spen works butter smooth and the fingerprints work better than any others that I have tried, you will need to re-register fingerprints for best results.

https://youtu.be/3TH8sJzmO3g

I've been using these since the note 8 and one time saved my screen totally worth the 50 plus dollar investment.

Again the installation video could maybe scare you away but its actually not as bad as it looks.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Corrocon
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I've seen a few types like the one you linked. Luckily they do all seem to work.with scanner. I was just really looking for a tempered glass screen and not a TPU one. But you did say you can't tell that it's even there so I guess that's a plus.
0 Likes
userQeAzoBPa2B
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
usually they don't make glass screen protectors for the new s20's and note 20's because of the way the new screens were made it would hinder the touch on the screen. it's normally a glass fusion, it's plastic with glass in it so it's stronger than a normal plastic screen protector. what you do is delete your fingerprint and make sure touch sensitivity is enabled in settings. Install screen protector and than set up fingerprint again once screen protector is installed. if protector is to thick ie tempord glass than it might not read. same consent with wireless charging. it should work with any case in no problem but if case is too thick than might have problem
Solution
Emlrk
Constellation
Options
Note20
Whitestone dome glass screen protector is the only way to go!!! Expensive and not the easiest to apply but totally worth it. I could go on and on but the spen works butter smooth and the fingerprints work better than any others that I have tried, you will need to re-register fingerprints for best results.

https://youtu.be/3TH8sJzmO3g

I've been using these since the note 8 and one time saved my screen totally worth the 50 plus dollar investment.

Again the installation video could maybe scare you away but its actually not as bad as it looks.