JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 08:56 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Have you tried the accepted solution mentioned previously on the thread?

0 Likes
useryktQ1ova0s
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hey, Samsung finally responded to the thread!

Oh... it is the same advice that we have all tried (multiple times) months ago? Bummer. 

shino72
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Tons of issues here, too. Dropouts are around every 5 min but are irregular. 

Things I've tried that did not fix it:

On my access point (Unifi AP Lite 1x, no mesh):

• 5 Ghz only network
  • 2.4 Ghz only network
  • Changed bands for both radios
  • Disabled automatic optimization, band steering, advanced device optimization

On the phone:

• Static IP/DNS
  • Private DNS off
  • Private DNS set to "automatic"
  • Private DNS set to cloudflare's private dns server
  • Google location accuracy off
  • Location off entirely
  • Resetting network settings
  • Resetting all settings
  • Factory reset

I gave up and talked to Verizon for a refurbished replacement, and on Android 10 for an entire day it had no issues. Updated to 11, and wifi dropouts began immediately after restarting. At this point it looks like there's no user fix.

0 Likes
userl2LsnBW0gQ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

25 pages in and nothing from Samsung? Let's see I'm using a galaxy note 20 ultra my wife in on a galaxy s20 plus my 3 boys are on galaxy s20 fe phones and I'm really debating on switching to iPhones. I've been on Samsung phones since Samsung 4g infuse and never left because I felt they always tried to give the best product but now that feeling is gone. If this is not fixed soon I will move on. 

shino72
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hate to reply to my own comment, more updates;

Talked with Verizon and asked them to submit a bug report from their end to Samsung, as well as submitted a bug report through Samsung Members (no response, although it's only been a few days).

Other things confirmed to NOT help:
- Disabling random MAC (necessary in order to set up a static IP while still using DHCP for other devices but worth noting)
- On the AP side, disabling or enabling other Unifi features such as blocking broadcast/multicast traffic (with gateway and phone whitelisted), unblocking multicast traffic, enhanced 802.11r roaming, etc.

Something that did help was using my desktop (Windows 10, has a wifi6-enabled NIC) to provide a hotspot for my phone. There's an incompatibility somewhere between the Android 11 update and my network setup, potentially with regards to IPv6 DNS and/or DHCP, which I cannot currently manually configure due to being forced to use my ISP's router.
0 Likes
Samsung_Hyhjetq
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I'm having this issue as well and it is driving me crazy. Went through all of the troubleshooting steps already as well.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
0 Likes
Spridell
Asteroid
Options
Note20

So do you want ALL of us to send you that information?

Because if so, your inbox is going to be FLOODED with messages.

This is happening to many many many peoples phones and NOT just on this board.  Other message boards as well.  

0 Likes
Members_VArN2WG
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Obvious solutions did not solve the problem. 

0 Likes
userFYEji7Y66V
Astronaut
Options
Note20

just got my Note 2- Ultra yesterday and I've been experiencing intermittent wifi connection. at first I thought it's our wifi connection but found out later on that this is the only device that keeps on disconnecting from time to time. tried all the possible troubleshooting on the internet but no luck.