JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra with WQHD+

(Topic created: 08-12-2020 04:05 PM)
userSVaXnyttSL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

So I have a question as in why Samsung is becoming so greedy for money? Not only is the regular Note 20 a complete ripoff with a plastic back, and no 120Hz refresh rate plus lower storage than the last years model....The NOTE 20 ultra is extremely expensive and you can't even have 120Hz refresh rate with the highest resolution(What about LTPO Technology now) I know the ultras can handle it, how come the S7 tablet with the same snapdragon 865+ chip can do it, but apparently they won't enable it on the ultra models for the S20 or the Note 20, either its because the Exynos chips can't handle it, or because Samsung wants everyone to try and upgrade yet again next year when they enable it on those phones?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Snapdragon will support the 120Hz at resolution. The issue is the Exynos will not. So Samsung nerfed the Snapdragon so they don't alienate the Exynos buys in there territories more considering how the Snapdragon 865+ performs to the Exynos 990.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
userSVaXnyttSL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Yeah that makes sense, however....the Snapdragon already has 20% battery remaining by the time the Exynos runs out of battery, the performance is also a lot more different, with it favouring the snapdragon variant. So why are they so afraid to make the snapdragon reach its full potential when the Exynos has already been alienated by using 2 different chipsets for the same phone. You could easily even out the gap by giving people from different countries larger base storage. 

0 Likes
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Just because someone is on the ground doesn't mean kick them in the gut. It would probably be a tipping point to have the Snapdragon do so much better then at injury to insult. Might even cause a boycot. The reason from what I understand the use Snapdragon in the US is because of CDMA which Exynos does not support but the Qualcomm modem does support.
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
0 Likes
userSVaXnyttSL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Okay, so what are your thoughts on the Note 20 Ultra do you think it's worth a buy when its full potential is not accessible? Or would it be better to wait for the next note which may have everything avalaible I also heard that the phone heats up a little, not sure on this but maybe we have to wait and see.

0 Likes
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Sooner or later I see Samsung unlocking it with a update. And every phone can heat up just depends on what your doing with it... but I never heard about the heating up and would take that with a grain of salt seeing how "production" models were not released yet. I ordered the 512gb.
userSVaXnyttSL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Yeah I hope you are right about that update thing, I was planning on switching my S20+ to the Note 20 Ultra 512GB version. Some YouTubers have gotten it early, and said they feel that they can feel the phone get warm which is not the best feeling when its hot out, not a huge dealbreaker but something to note, you can also hear this from people who did the review on websites. This is what they said and I heard at least 1 or 2 YouTubers say the same?

"It can get a little toasty. My CNET colleagues and I have noticed the Note 20 Ultra seemed to both generate and dissipate quite a lot of heat -- this has been a daily occurrence. Nothing out of the ordinary, just an emanating warmth that phones (and laptops and other electronics) can get when they're working hard. On a hot summer day, this hasn't been the most pleasant sensation in my pocket and hand, but definitely not a deal breaker."  https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-20-ultra-ongoing-review-everything-i-love-so-far-and-some-of-w...

0 Likes
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Well it only has passive cooling with no fan. The things got to get rid of the heat somehow... and I think its clocked at over 3Ghz. I'm in NC... I know heat lol.
0 Likes