Original topic:

Feedback on Note 20 Ultra?

(Topic created: 02-17-2021 03:29 AM)
AngelReyes
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi everybody!

I'm thinking in buying the Galaxy Note Ultra 20, what do you guys think about this phone, it's really good? BTW, making the purchase on the website of Samsung is a good option? It's faster to arrive?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GetMeowtaHere
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The device has been a mixed bag for me, but overall, I like it and don't regret purchasing it.

Despite the massive battery, if you're a heavy user, battery life isn't great. I'm the type of person who doesn't like to use a case on his phone, and due to it's thin proportions and sharper edges, this is the least comfortable phone I have ever held. Although it has improved over the years, I'm still not a fan of Samsung's weird design language. I wish the the device shipped with a mostly unmodified stock experience.

My biggest gripe comes down to Samsung services. The device ships with a plethora of useless software with defaults that don't make sense. I don't want to use Samsung's browser. I don't want to deal with the Galaxy store to update Samsung apps. I don't care about Bixby or Samsung Pay. The power button is set to Bixby, but this can be modified very easily. In general, Samsung defaults to their competing apps, and it's annoying.

On the flipside, the device is a feast for the eyes and the display is gorgeous. The hole punch is small and aligns with the top notification bar and the 120hz is bright and responsive. It's also powerful. I only experience lag on websites that are riddled with ads. I didn't think I'd ever use the s pen, but I find it surprisingly useful. Although not best in class, the camera is fantastic and won't let you down. The speakers are loud and passible. Great battery life if you are watching movies.

Again, it's a mixed bag. The majority of my issues are software related and can be corrected with various downloads, but it's a tedious pain in the butt to do so.

View solution in context

4 Replies
userdJbrKIejv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I love my note 20, and even more so with the android 11 update and the good lock update. I do recommend a battery case, the battery is okay but i am a power user so I have purchased three, and smaller off brand one for everyday use and zerolemon's 10,000 mah battery case, it is a beast, I don't have to put my phone on the charger at all, or not until bed time. I recommend checking out the YouTube reviews and then make your decision. I love tech so I upgraded from the note 10 plus and don't regret it. I went through my carrier but I also got it when it first came out and it was one day shipping so I got it pretty fast, I love the credits that samsung gives for the upgrades , so I got the budz live also. You will never be disappointed with a note series. The 120hz refresh makes it faster, the screen size and phone size I love. I am not disappointed at all.
AngelReyes
Constellation
Options
Note20
thanks for your answer!
0 Likes
userdJbrKIejv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
You are very welcome.
0 Likes
Solution
GetMeowtaHere
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The device has been a mixed bag for me, but overall, I like it and don't regret purchasing it.

Despite the massive battery, if you're a heavy user, battery life isn't great. I'm the type of person who doesn't like to use a case on his phone, and due to it's thin proportions and sharper edges, this is the least comfortable phone I have ever held. Although it has improved over the years, I'm still not a fan of Samsung's weird design language. I wish the the device shipped with a mostly unmodified stock experience.

My biggest gripe comes down to Samsung services. The device ships with a plethora of useless software with defaults that don't make sense. I don't want to use Samsung's browser. I don't want to deal with the Galaxy store to update Samsung apps. I don't care about Bixby or Samsung Pay. The power button is set to Bixby, but this can be modified very easily. In general, Samsung defaults to their competing apps, and it's annoying.

On the flipside, the device is a feast for the eyes and the display is gorgeous. The hole punch is small and aligns with the top notification bar and the 120hz is bright and responsive. It's also powerful. I only experience lag on websites that are riddled with ads. I didn't think I'd ever use the s pen, but I find it surprisingly useful. Although not best in class, the camera is fantastic and won't let you down. The speakers are loud and passible. Great battery life if you are watching movies.

Again, it's a mixed bag. The majority of my issues are software related and can be corrected with various downloads, but it's a tedious pain in the butt to do so.