JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note20 Updates not compatible with YouTube Comments

(Topic created: 03-16-2023 04:53 PM)
useroxg8lqvKP7
Constellation
Options
Note20
After the last two (nearly back to back) system updates, whenever I try to post a comment to YouTube it just hangs and never posts.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail.
Will there be a fix for this soon?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand the frustration of not being able to interact with an app, such as commenting on videos. We see that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Another step for troubleshooting would be to clear the cache partition and repair apps through the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If you are still unable to post comments to YouTube, and this is the only app you are experiencing concerns with, you will need to reach out to YouTube directly.

View solution in context

3 Replies
ChevyDaddyMike
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Well I own a note 20 and I just got on a song on YouTube and I made a comment and it posted so I don't think that it has anything to do with Samsung or the Android updates I think it has to do with your specific phone
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Are you using a vpn?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand the frustration of not being able to interact with an app, such as commenting on videos. We see that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Another step for troubleshooting would be to clear the cache partition and repair apps through the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If you are still unable to post comments to YouTube, and this is the only app you are experiencing concerns with, you will need to reach out to YouTube directly.