JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi direct share method is missing

(Topic created: 03-10-2021 07:45 PM)
useroLod56YSgG
Asteroid
Options
Note20

After last update option to share photos with wifi direct is gone.  Can connect to other devices with it but no option listed under sharing in the gallery.  How to fix this?

6 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
have you tried a direct connect via USB tethering? wifi direct, IMO, not reliably usable. try the quick share quick settings toggle, turn it on and also press and hold for that menu and turn on the phone's ability to receive files from others. see if that works.
0 Likes
useroLod56YSgG
Asteroid
Options
Note20
that defeats the purpose of connecting with wifi direct and sharing files. that option has existed for years. can connect to other phones with wifi direct with zero issues. the shortcut is now missing once selecting share of the item you wish to send.
userKYCDzyJyT1
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone know of a fix? 

0 Likes
useroLod56YSgG
Asteroid
Options
Note20
haven't seen or found anything yet
TCV
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I need this fixed. I use it, I had no issues with it until now with the icon missing in shares.
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

You can no longer use Wi-Fi Direct to send files to other devices. You can use Nearby Share instead. You can still receive files using Wi-Fi Direct.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.