JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8, not showing incoming calls screen when the screen is lock.

(Topic created on: 10/30/17 8:55 AM)
Options
Note8
As soon as i receive a call in my note 8 i just hear the ringtone but the screen of the phone stay tottally black till i unlock the phone and then it shows the incoming call. any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user1XydOnycal
Constellation
Options
Note8

This is what fixed mine:

Go to Settings > Notifications > Advanced

Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right to show system apps.

Scroll down the list and tap 'Phone'

Turn on 'Do Not Disturb Custom Exception'

View solution in context

77 Replies
SamsungMel
Supernova
Options
Note8

That doesn't sound right, @userkKfvSwKzrK. Has your phone always done this or was this after a software or setting change? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Note8
No software update or system change, not that i'm aware of, as well there is no apps recently installed on the device before the issue started.
0 Likes
SamsungMel
Supernova
Options
Note8

Hmm. Did you have any apps installed at all on the phone from the Google Play store? I know some also already come pre-installed on some models like Facebook and Amazon apps. 

I want to test your phone with only the Samsung stock applications running. Are you familiar with Safe Mode? If so, please test your phone's call capability in the mode to see if the screen will show the call when locked then. If you're not familiar with Safe Mode on the Galaxy Note 8, here are instructions on how to get into that mode:

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
  3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

Before continuing, please note that when you exit Safe Mode, some of your customization options (Wallpapers, Themes, Etc.) may be reset to default. 
Let us know if you still experience the problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user6ui7GfAv2d
Astronaut
Options
Note8

I'm having the same problem with my phone. I tried to start in safe mode which did not work... any other ideas?

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Note8

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  :)

0 Likes
HeadShot1478
Constellation
Options
Note8

Same issue here

0 Likes
usercC007tyK9q
Constellation
Options
Note8

Having the same issue, it seem to be after the last update. At least that is when mine started doing it. 

0 Likes
user5LQ7E6bGGB
Astronaut
Options
Note8

Same here. I too, am having an issue.  Started after last update, and factory reset did not fix it.  Still not receiving a notification when receiving incoming call. 

0 Likes
user9Rk7akLCeb
Constellation
Options
Note8

same thing happening to my phone. I have tried everything! Very frustrating!

0 Likes