Original topic:

A71 Reboot Loop Problem

(Topic created: 10-15-2020 12:22 PM)
A71User
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good day to all,

I am having a serious issue with my phone (A71) which I have owned for around 7 months now.

Four days ago, the phone notified me that a system update was needed so I decided to install the update since the past updates didn't take too long to install.  For the most part I was correct, the update took about 20ish minutes and the phone was about to restart to the homescreen. However, as I waited I realised that the phone kept rebooting itself over and over again. Seeing this, I thought the update wasn't fully  installed so I waited a bit longer until the phone got super hot (1-2 hours later). I asked a friend of mine to look up if this occurence was a problem rather than a long update and soon we saw that it was indeed a problem.

We went on Youtube to see how to handle the issue and we tried each of the possible solutions that persons provided. This involved going  into the Recovery Mode and selecting:

1) Reboot system now

2) Wipe cache partition

3) Wipe data/ factory reset

4) Power off

In each instance the phone continued the reboot loop. This is a major inconvenience for me because I am a first year at university and due to the pandemic, assignments that would usually be handed directly to our lecturers now need to be submitted online via pdf. This phone was my only way of taking pictures and scanning my work so now I am at a disadvantage since I can't afford to buy any quality budget phone at the moment. Currently, I rely on my friend's phone to submit my work. 

Can anyone please tell me what specifically is happening and how can it be fixed (if it even can be fixed). 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a software reflash on your device. We have a couple of options available:

1. UbreakIfix- Samsung Authorized Walk-in service center

2. Ship your device in for service.

If you wish to ship your device in for service, can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.