JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update Causing a Weird Color Display

(Topic created: 10-24-2023 01:43 AM)
GalaxyDragon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am a user who likes to keep his device updated to avoid all the security issues arising from ignoring new threats. There is this recent update Samsung released for my device which is a Galaxy A04. In that they did a couple of things that I didn't need

1. They upgraded the OS to Android 13
  2. They upgraded the User Interface Core Software to version 5
  3. They corrected the color intensity and made some colors lighter and others deeper 

My device has started behaving weirdly after this update as there are some weird pixels drawn at the bottom of the screen(The icons at the status bar are drawn here sometimes) which disappear immediately I restart the device but re appear after a while. I think this is due to the color disagreement between the display hardware and the color optimization Samsung performed on the Software through the update. I am pretty sure if I uninstall the update then the issue would be permanently fixed but I can't do that as Samsung just likes to push updates to newer devices without testing on all devices to make sure they accept the updates without causing abnormalities. This phone has a 24 months warranty and I bought it back in March. Should I return it or is there any other way the color issue can be resolved Thank You. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback. I understand your concerns with your device having a pixelated screen at the bottom and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

Having a couple dead pixels is not unusual, and individual pixels are typically unnoticeable.

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone or tablet. If the issues do not appear while in Safe mode, the problem is caused by a downloaded app, and it should be uninstalled.

Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed. Tap Safe mode to start your device in Safe mode. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Verify if the screen is still pixelated in Safe Mode. 

Perform a Factory Reset on your device. Please be sure to back up your device before performing the Factory Reset. 

Open Settings 

Select Factory Data Reset and then tap Reset 

You may need to enter your Samsung account password or Lock screen password. The phone or tablet will reboot.

Before installing any apps, make sure that your phone or tablet is functioning normally.

If you are still encountering any issues, we recommend that you please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback. I understand your concerns with your device having a pixelated screen at the bottom and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

Having a couple dead pixels is not unusual, and individual pixels are typically unnoticeable.

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone or tablet. If the issues do not appear while in Safe mode, the problem is caused by a downloaded app, and it should be uninstalled.

Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed. Tap Safe mode to start your device in Safe mode. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Verify if the screen is still pixelated in Safe Mode. 

Perform a Factory Reset on your device. Please be sure to back up your device before performing the Factory Reset. 

Open Settings 

Select Factory Data Reset and then tap Reset 

You may need to enter your Samsung account password or Lock screen password. The phone or tablet will reboot.

Before installing any apps, make sure that your phone or tablet is functioning normally.

If you are still encountering any issues, we recommend that you please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online