JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I use a different one connect box for same tv

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 12:59 PM)
Members_SRDE1ps
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the QM65Q7CDM tv and my Connect box took a fall and now the screen is just color bars while the one connect is hooked up. When I unplug the one connect box the screen works perfectly. My one connect box is BN91-19238A. I have another One connect box BN91-18949Q can I hook this up to my QM65Q7CDM?

1 Reply
Solution
geek1
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

The compatibility of One Connect boxes with Samsung TVs can be specific to the TV model and the version of the One Connect box. While both BN91-19238A and BN91-18949Q are One Connect boxes, they are designed for different TV models, and there may be differences in the connections and features.

In general, it's recommended to use the One Connect box that is designed for your specific TV model to ensure compatibility and proper functionality. Using an incompatible One Connect box may lead to issues such as the one you are experiencing.

Here are some steps you can take:

1. Check Compatibility: Verify the compatibility of the BN91-18949Q One Connect box with your QM65Q7CDM TV. You can check the TV's manual or contact Samsung support for information on compatible One Connect boxes for your specific TV model.

2. Inspect Connections: Before connecting the BN91-18949Q, ensure that the physical connections match those on your TV. Check for any visible damage to the ports or cables.

3. Firmware Updates: Ensure that both the TV and the One Connect box have the latest firmware updates. Sometimes, compatibility issues can be resolved through firmware updates.

4. Contact Samsung Support: If you are uncertain about compatibility or if the issue persists, it's advisable to contact Samsung support. They can provide specific guidance based on your TV model and the One Connect box.

Using a One Connect box that is not designed for your specific TV model may not guarantee proper functionality, and it could potentially lead to issues or damage. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations for accessories to ensure the best performance and compatibility with your TV.