FWIW I have Anynet+/CEC disabled already. I have a Q8F (QN55Q8FNB) running firmware 1251 and the user experience is awful.
I would love the option to:
- Disable automatic detection of HDMI inputs. Please let me set up the inputs how I want and stop clearing my settings whenever I unplug something.
- Disable automatic input switching. I'm capable of switching the input myself, thanks.
- Disable HDMI device control. Don't turn on my XBox, please. At any time. Ever.
- Disable settings propogation my sound bar. Just because the TV is in Game Mode doesn't mean I want the sound bar in Game Mode as well.
- Give me the option to disable the soundbar control and just output sound to optical. The TV will occasionally "forget" there is a soundbar connected, so the option to disable that entirely would be nice.
If you could just give me this display panel without all of the smart features I'd be a very happy customer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is not solved then? I don't think the OP should have clicked accepted solution!
My TV (Q7FN) was running much better before firmware 1251. Now my video sender has to be unplugged as I can't play my PVR Humax box through it's passthrough.
That update 1251 needs fixing.
This is not fixed with version 1271. I would also like to be able to control this TV the way I want to, instead of all of these auto detect features. My older Samsung didn't have all of this HDMI auto-switching technology and it's horrible. I want to be able to use GAME mode and have it STAY in GAME mode when I use a HDMI port switcher. In fact, I want it to STAY in GAME mode, period!
Samsung, let ME control my HDMI ports! This is unacceptable and I may have to return the TV.
I just spoke with Samsung support and was told this HDMI auto-sensing and switching cannot be turned off. Guess it's time for a different brand TV. This wasn't a problem with the previous models.
That's not a solution! I've been having this issue for while but now switches every hour or so. Wish I could return product since looks like you people been having this issue for years and still can't get it right. I feel stupid for getting Samsung since you people can't fix this issue. It ruins TV experience completely.
I'm astonished that we're almost on 2020 and this issue is still not solved and there's no solution even on sight.
My 6 year old Sony TV has options that allow me to disable these features. How come Samsung can't implement a solution? Is their firmware/software that broken?
I've just my first Samsung TV and now I start to wonder if I should instead bought an LG one. Where these kind of issues don't exist.
All the threads I've found on the Samsung community tend to be closed very fast by the admins since they mark their answers, that don't solve the issue at all, as the solution.
Disabling Anynet+ is not the solution for this.
When Win10 connects to TV, a magical feature is created:
TV tries to detect input device. Of course, it can't detect any. If you cancel the detection via return button on remote control, Win10 will disconnect with TV. You have to unplug and re-plug. TV tries to detect input device again ...
It means you have to wait at least 10 seconds before TV shows your desktop.