Original topic:

HdCP error on TV

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 02:47 PM)
Sofin
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have having trouble with smart view. It keep giving me "HDCP key not found" when trying to smart view. I have not attach any device to Hdmi on tv. Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be concerning with this error coming up! I would recommend if this is coming up on your TV to try to first unplug and replug your TV up. 

After that, try and factory reset your TV by 

1.Open Settings, and then select General.

2.Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.

3.To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

4.If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis. Reset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

If this does not help I would recommend calling in directly to our remote management team to get further support. Our number is 1 (800) 726-7864

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be concerning with this error coming up! I would recommend if this is coming up on your TV to try to first unplug and replug your TV up. 

After that, try and factory reset your TV by 

1.Open Settings, and then select General.

2.Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.

3.To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

4.If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis. Reset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

If this does not help I would recommend calling in directly to our remote management team to get further support. Our number is 1 (800) 726-7864

0 Likes