cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

Please Samsung fix this issue. All we want is g-sync compatibility with QLED tvs

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I just bought a new entry level QLED in Finland. I was super disappointed to find out that no framerate synchronization can be had with NVidia cards. I have 1080 Ti. I have started thinking about returning the TV and changing to LG OLED, unless Samsung makes any kind of announcement very soon on plans to sort this out.

Highlighted

Buying an LG oled won't help you. The 1080ti only does vrr over display port, lg oled only accept over hdmi. you need an rtx series card with Samsung or LG either way 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv'..

Hahahan

Highlighted
Astronaut

I can confirm, my RTX 2070 Super detects the Q60R as GSync compatible device, but if I enbable, it flickers. We want a new firmware.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dear Samsung, I'm currently deciding between buying a Q70 and LG's lineup. 

Please let me know if you will be adding proper support for Nvidia GSYNC like LG has done, this is very important to me as a PC gamer.

Thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey @userSkuWkaUbGx! Thanks for reaching out! Regretfully, we are unable to speculate on the release of any future products or updates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi @SamsungRei , thank you for your response!

However, I am not looking for speculation, but official word from Samsung as the manufacturer whether this issue (I understand the support is there in theory but in practice there is some flickering and it does not work properly if you enable adaptive sync on Nvidia) will be addressed or not.

As a sidenote - are you perhaps able to clarify for me if the Samsung 2020 TV lineup will support GSYNC? I was not able to find any good info on this, so hoping official community forums might bring some insight.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

When Samsung releases this information, it will be posted publicly. Until that time, there is no information on this that we are able to provide.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungRei why must us customers be kept in the dark for so long by samsung?How hard can it possibly be to confirm an update to stop the flickering. The display is clearly detected as a gsync monitor over hdmi but just flickers on and off to a black screen. Why can you simply not ask and find out to give us a definitive answer. A yes or no? It surely can't be hard for samsung to resolve this issue for many of us PC gamers, this is a big deal for us. We've all had enough of being left in the dark now, I spent a fortune on a top spec q90r and I feel the customer service is really letting the side down. Really starting to think I should have gone with the Oled from LG now and risked the screen burn. If Samsung doesn't have the decency to give a definitive answer on this question I will really be considering buying another Samsung TV, maybe other electronics too.