JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Any way to sync app folder contents?

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 01:05 AM)
Members_g5GBpaZ
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Same question as in https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote8/comments/7ka8ss/help_how_to_sync_the_folders_in_my_home_screen/

If this is not possible currently, I would like to suggest it as a feature request. It's really counter intuitive to have separate folder contents in home screen and in the all apps view. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Open the existing folder, hit the + in the top right corner, select as many apps as you want then select done

View solution in context

7 Replies
Members_g5GBpaZ
Asteroid
Options

Another request is the ability to select multiple apps and move them into an existing folder (and actually have an option to select a folder instead of having to drag the apps into the folder, which is annoying especially when there are lots of apps that span a few pages)

0 Likes
Solution
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Open the existing folder, hit the + in the top right corner, select as many apps as you want then select done
Beelzebub
Constellation
Options
This may be the functional way to do this, but it does not fix the clunkyness
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Well it does exactly what they were asking for in the comment I responded to. They asked how to select multiple apps to add to a folder instead of having to drag them individually. There won't be a much less clunky solution than to hit the plus button, select all the apps you want, and hit done
0 Likes
Members_g5GBpaZ
Asteroid
Options

And another one - ability to combine 2 folders..

I have to rant that as a new user of oneUI, the folder related functionality seems quite lacking (considering that it's already v5!)

0 Likes
djmochalove
Constellation
Options

This is a feature that is super easy and desperately NEEDS to be added. When downloading a new app, the shortcut of the app within a folder in the Apps directory/menu should be able to sync with the same folder on a home screen. The simple fix is just having a small "Sync" checkbox for each folder added from the Apps directory/menu to the home screen. Has been an issue brought up for years on end with no update.... Thanks in advance!

novikov1337danil
Constellation
Options

I don’t understand why you don’t respond to requests from users of your system. There are a lot of simple things that need to be improved, but people have been waiting for this for years... And many people will most likely never wait and leave

0 Likes