JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Smart View on Pull-down Menu

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 01:15 PM)
user2We82LAUqe
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I just purchased a new Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019) but could not find the "Smart View" on the pull-down menu.  And this is the most important feature I need.

Please help and advise, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Its not an icon.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

The Smart View function is now included in the Quick Connect option. Pull the status bar down, tap Quick Connect, and scan for the device you want to connect to.

user2We82LAUqe
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks for your reply.  But unfortunately, there is still no such an icon as "quick connect" on the pull-down menu on my new Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019).

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Its not an icon.

userBRV8BA4EQj
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

How to find the  "Quick connect"? Pulling the status bar down does not reveal it :-Screenshot_20200811-165903_One UI Home.jpg

userT3hjHUmCKa
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

having same problem 

turn off tablet and back on 

update softwere 

factory reset it and started over many time 

even tryed to use mirroring by down loading mirroring app from google play store 

it gets as far as pairing, then tablet shuts off and restarts.

tried with 7 or more mirroring app all same.

but youtube mirroring works ???

if you reserch on internet any system android 4.1 and better has some type of status bar smart view.

contacted seller they say oh look at the manual.....

what manual ???  that small note that comes with box that show where the power button is??? was that a manual.

been sending samsung  24/7 massgeing service, massge but there's  no answer.

to find out if just my product was bad, when down to best buy.

even though my galaxy tab a 8.0 2019 sm-t295 was model that takes nano sim card, best buy display was wifi only model.

when i took a look at best buy display didn't have smart view, but galaxy tab a 10.1 next to it had smart view.

and ofcourse people att best buy had no clue way that was.

than i though mabe "tab a 8"s are not smart view capable, than i when into target next door took a look at there display model.

didn't see its model #, but it was a wifi only model and had perfectly working smart view on it.

so there gose theory of all "tab a 8" dosen't have smart view is gone.

than why is my "tab a 8" dosen't have smart view ???????

and who responsible for my waisted weeked?????

usergSMLPQhiR2
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I am having the same issue. No Smart View. No Quick Connect. Nothing to add to the screen from the Button Order tab. The tablet is on Android 10. Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) There is a Quick Share but that appears to be for transferring files. I guess I will have to screen cast from my phone.  It's simple on that.