Original topic:

Screen mirroring to Roku

(Topic created: 05-01-2022 05:00 PM)
adwissler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a Samsung Galaxy A7 Tab Lite.  Now that Smart View is no longer available, how can I mirror my screen to Roku?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

9 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support

Use Smartthings.

https://screenrant.com/samsung-smart-app-view-smartthings-replacement-explained/

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
adwissler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much, but the article says nothing about a Roku, and while I do have a Samsung TV, it's a 2014 UN32H5500AFXZA LED Smart TV, and it may be older than some of the models listed.  Is there any way that I can cast this directly to Roku,  even with that?

bill-e
Options
Smart Home Support
My TV is 2013 Samsung and mirroring works fine. As for Roku, it needs to support miracast for casting to work.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Smart Home Support
I'm confused. I'm not aware that SmartView is being replaced. I still have SmartView on my s10+ 1TB running Android 12 UI 4.1 on AT&T and it still works. I also have SmartThings for my frid and other devices; cameras, TVs, and more.
bill-e
Options
Smart Home Support

The Smartview app is discontinued and most of its functionality now resides in Smartthings.

That being said, Smartview still works if you still have the app on your device, but new devices or if you delete the app will not find it in the store.

Bill
---
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Smart Home Support
Ah. Thanks.
user-654-786
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
there are other ways of screen sharing but the best option is samsung dex it works on almost everything and try to use the roku account on your device there maybe be a way to Bluetooth to your TV or roku might have a option if your signed in on both devices.
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
Speaking of smart view is there a way to get the Quick Panel app for Smart View. To me when it comes to mirroring has worked the best and most consistent. It's not on, y A7 lite Tablet. I can't get Smart Things app to work with my Samsung TV.
adwissler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you.  Is there a way I can do this wirelessly without any equipment?