Original topic:

Smart Tag+ No Camera

(Topic created: 05-08-2022 03:34 AM)
user8Gcye5FYgg
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi,

I'm not sure if I've missed a setting somewhere... 

I have an S22 Ultra, and just got some Smart Tag+

When I use Smart Find, I only get the option to locate with the signal strength, or make it ring... there's no camera option for the UWB... 

Anyone had the same thing and fixed it? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to use the AR find feature on your Smart Tag+. The SmartTag+ is similar to the SmartTag, but it also offers augmented reality (AR) finding via Ultra-wideband technology. This feature uses your phone's camera to track the precise location of the SmartTag+ within 15 meters, making it useful if you lost an item at home or nearby. Give this link a try for steps to set up and use the AR feature on your SmartTag+: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088244/

Please note you will want to use the SmartTag+ AR finding section.

Note: The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag+ is compatible with Android OS 8.0 or higher. However, to use the AR finding feature, your Galaxy phone or tablet must support Android 11 or higher. The feature is currently available on Note 20 Ultra, S21+, S21 Ultra, and Z Fold 2. iOS devices and third-party Android devices are not supported.

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after trying the link provided, I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to use the AR find feature on your Smart Tag+. The SmartTag+ is similar to the SmartTag, but it also offers augmented reality (AR) finding via Ultra-wideband technology. This feature uses your phone's camera to track the precise location of the SmartTag+ within 15 meters, making it useful if you lost an item at home or nearby. Give this link a try for steps to set up and use the AR feature on your SmartTag+: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088244/

Please note you will want to use the SmartTag+ AR finding section.

Note: The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag+ is compatible with Android OS 8.0 or higher. However, to use the AR finding feature, your Galaxy phone or tablet must support Android 11 or higher. The feature is currently available on Note 20 Ultra, S21+, S21 Ultra, and Z Fold 2. iOS devices and third-party Android devices are not supported.

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after trying the link provided, I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.