JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A7 Tablet - no second screen function or button

(Topic created: 10-12-2022 01:56 PM)
userxmXWP9GkOm
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I am trying to use my A7 tablet as a second screen for my windows laptop, I have completed the update to One UI 3.1 as suggested and this still does not give me the second screen function from the drop down menu as advised on several websites. 

The button does not exist and I have even tried to search for the function on the device, but nothing could be found.

Finally I have tried the recommendations suggested in other chats on here and again these do not seem to do anything.  It is as if the A7 does not have the function at all.

Can anybody provide any advise or a simple yes/no as whether it is actually physically possible 

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
I think only the TAB S series have that
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hi there, I located this article that has some helpful information regarding the screen feature as well as how to properly use- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088544/. Please note: This feature is only on Galaxy tablets running One UI 3.1 and later, and PCs running the latest version of Windows 10.

userxmXWP9GkOm
Constellation
Options
Tablets

It doesnt work as there is no second screen button on the tablets drop down menu, can any one confirm if the A7 actually has this ability

user1M2D992CPc
Constellation
Options
Tablets

You can use the second screen feature its just less readily available. You can go to your pull down window open the Smart View button Go to the upper right click settings, then go to about smart view, then tap the words smart view a bunch of times. Still looking for a way to use it with out going through all these steps though.

Trev Selecta
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I am having exactly the same issue, Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500, everywhere it says it should have the Second Screen button but it is not there. I have just updated it to the latest UI 4.1, still not there. My current software version is T500XXU3CVE7 / T500OXM3CVE7, One UI Core version 4.1, Android version 12. Will someone please confirm if it should be there or if it is not compatible before I waste even more time. If possible I really need this working. I'd even use a cable if there is a way?

Bayley B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have just contacted Samsung directly this morning and have been informed that it is not a present feature on the Galaxy Tab A7. The information supplied on the US website is says it is present on One UI 3.1 and later but is incorrect due to it only being on certain models.

Unfortunately this is a misleading advertisement on Samsung's behalf and can cause them some serious legal issues if customers like myself (who did) purchased the product fully expecting it to work based on their post.

Solution
Blackbeam
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I talked with customer service, and they said they pulled it in the last update to improve it. I don't believe it, but I hope that's why and that they bring it back soon.