JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Change administrator

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
ybnormal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My wife died and I inherited her Tab A7. She was administrator and I was a user. I should be administrator now. Two factory resets did a good job erasing all the data as promised, but that’s it. She is still the administrator. What do I do now?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets

So the best way to disconnect it from her account would be to log into her Samsung account from a pc on the web and then unlink the tab a7 if you simply sign out it may still be linked for the find my phone app and activation lock

View solution in context

7 Replies
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Do you have access to both accounts? And possibly a computer?
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets
So because you said you already did a factory reset and that still didn't fix it can you describe the problem it's giving you exactly like are you not able to get onto the homescreen at all or just can't unlink her account in the software but everything is working?
ybnormal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Everything works fine.
0 Likes
Solution
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets

So the best way to disconnect it from her account would be to log into her Samsung account from a pc on the web and then unlink the tab a7 if you simply sign out it may still be linked for the find my phone app and activation lock

ybnormal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets
No problem if you need help with it lmk
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets

If you know those settings aren't set up then you can simply go to settings-> Samsung account-> very bottom should be ->sign out but this won't help if the anti theft settings were activated

0 Likes