JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Extract Text Continuity Between Tablet and Phone

(Topic created: 10-16-2023 08:14 AM)
ChristosC
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I use extract text from the Samsung Keyboard for work very often on my Tab s8 Ultra and wish it was the same as the one on my S23 Ultra. Having to guesstimate what text it might extract is pretty frustrating.

Anyone know how to fix this please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChristosC
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Video of tablet usage:
https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/9QxGCl87XuXe

And nevermind. Found what I was looking for. In the bottom right when it sees text on the tablet you can press that yellow button to freeze the image and select the text you specifically want to paste just like the phone. Can't believe I've never seen that till now. Gosh.

ChristosC_0-1697481850099.png

Still, I (and hopefully others) would appreciate feature parity and consistency in this regard. The phone's implementation is much more intuitive in my opinion.

Thank you for your help!

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
If it doesn't work that way you can use the S Pen. open up the S Pen menu select smart select. Then draw a box around the text you need. Now click the extract text then copy button. you can now move it like normal.Screenshot_20231016_091730_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20231016_091810_Samsung capture.jpgScreenshot_20231016_091829_Samsung capture.jpg
ChristosC
Constellation
Options
Tablets
You can also just hold down the button with the S Pen while hovering over any text and select it. But that's not my issue here. I could just take a pic with the camera app and extract specific text that way. But this too is more work then just scanning it and pasting it directly into where I need the text to be. The idea is to reduce the number of steps or apps needed.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
I guess we're not looking at this from the same perspective. keep in mind the reason why you cannot do what you're wanting in all places is due to copyright theft. The web page ect prevents you from doing it. Samsung has a tool that allows you essentially to extract the text from anything. This is a powerful option that is included with the S-Pen capabilities. so yes it's a step however it's a simple step with a built-in process and the included spen always ready to go.
ChristosC
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm talking about the extract text with camera feature. Not from page.Screenshot_20231016_133006_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Oh, gotcha I don't usually have any issues here. Make sure all permissions are granted and the latest software is updated. Make sure the camera lens is clean and it focuses on the text. It might help to set display settings to use bold and larger text options on the device you are copying from. You might also have better results opening the Bixby camera text option from the camera. You can also clear the app cache to clear any glitches see if that helps. Also make sure the surface area around the tablet is clear . I also hear the next update is bringing some improvements to this category.Screenshot_20231016_105209_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20231016_105241_Bixby Vision.jpg
ChristosC
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Again. Not what I'm trying to do.

For work I often need to digitize written documents or numbers. On my phone, if I use the scan text feature, it takes a picture in they keyboard and allows me to select whatever I want.

On my tablet, using the same feature, it does this strange live transcribe thing and tries to automatically select whatever text it sees, instead of what I specifically want to select. Pic attached of Phone usage. I'll show you tablet usage when I get home shortly.Screenshot_20231016_141250_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
ChristosC
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Video of tablet usage:
https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/9QxGCl87XuXe

And nevermind. Found what I was looking for. In the bottom right when it sees text on the tablet you can press that yellow button to freeze the image and select the text you specifically want to paste just like the phone. Can't believe I've never seen that till now. Gosh.

ChristosC_0-1697481850099.png

Still, I (and hopefully others) would appreciate feature parity and consistency in this regard. The phone's implementation is much more intuitive in my opinion.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes