JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forgot tablet password

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 10:18 PM)
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Just bought a 9a tablet. My kids set it up. The problem is kids forgot the password to sign in.

Yes they have forgotten the Google password too.

Is there anyway I can bypass Google and find my password to sign in the tablet?
Samsung password to sign in.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Have got the problem fixed. T-Mobile was the best. I got it exchanged.
Thank you everyone for your help

View solution in context

9 Replies
SergioRC20
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Hello,

Have you tried to use your Samsung account on a Web Browser on a different device? A computer or another laptop may work.
0 Likes
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Yes. It says not hooked up with Samsung.
0 Likes
SergioRC20
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Pretty much you will have to Factory reset it and set it up again. Maybe someone else may have a better idea if you want to wait.

Use this method:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8k7AD6qiMj0

This will help you to manually reset it. Don't forget to write the new password 😉!
0 Likes
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Did that. Google is the problem. We have no idea what password is for Google. The recovery number is wrong too.
I'm lost
0 Likes
Ric221
Nebula
Options
Tablets
If Google is the issue. Try going to your account, click on forgot password,then change your password there, WRITE the new 1 down. Then try logging in on the tablet with your new password.
0 Likes
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I never set up the Gmail with it.
Talked to phone carrier today. Sounds like I got a used one.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Are they going to replace it?  As far as I know there's no way to get around it. 

My suggestion is that when you get the new one, create a separate Google account to be used to set up the tablet and do backups etc.  Set your email address as the security backup email on the new Google account.  Then even if the kids change and forget it, you'll be able to set up a new password. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
That is the plan. I have 14 days to replace it. The only problem is that I'm on the road.
Solution
trucker2424
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Have got the problem fixed. T-Mobile was the best. I got it exchanged.
Thank you everyone for your help