JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 - Samsung Notes - No Writing Sound after Latest Update ONE UI 5.0 Android 13

(Topic created: 01-06-2023 02:24 PM)
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This software issue is very annoying and only happened recently after the latest update a few days ago to Android 13 ONE UI 5.0. My Previous software version was - 4.4.00.64. I made sure I updated everything, cleared cache of device, app, toggled S-Pen settings, verified the writing sound worked in every other mode like for instance the Samsung Keyboard Text-to-Input you can hear the scribble. Well, I use my Samsung notes multiple times per day, and this has negatively impacted my writing experience.

Fast-forward to today, I receive a new update notification on my S22 Ultra prompting me to check my Tab S8 hoping they resolved the issue. The new software version is 4.4.01.2 – and there is still no sound within Samsung Notes when writing with the S-Pen. Funny, the sound works just fine on my S22 Ultra – so why does the sound not work on my tablet, and they are using the same software?

16 Replies
Sameer Alomar
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same problem for both S8 plus and S8 ultra 

0 Likes
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

hopefully they release the fix soon - uninstalling updates did not work for me

0 Likes
userFr5dg15Ob9
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Same issue here on my tab 8 plus. Oddly enough, I do hear the sound when using the handwriting function on my keyboard. Nowhere else.
0 Likes
David-Z
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Same problem on my s7. I miss that writing sound when I use the Samsung note. Is annoying me so much.
0 Likes
Juariv
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same problem on Tab S8 Ultra. Waiting for fix.

0 Likes
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

LMAO ! They just did an update 4.4.02.33 - STILL NO SOUND - WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EXPLETIVE SMH

0 Likes
Solution
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Latest update to security patch for December 2022 X700OXM3BVL2 brought the sound back

0 Likes