Original topic:

Galaxy tab a8 Wi-Fi connection problem 5ghz network

(Topic created: 07-05-2022 12:39 PM)
userZO0Ao4eX4r
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have an old Galaxy s7 connected to a 2.4-5ghz wifi network with no pb at all. The prove the  wifi router is operating normally.

Othewise I have a brand new Galaxy tab a8 that in the exact same position is not able to connect or keep the connection for more than a sec.

I tried everithing: reset network settings, restart os, nothing change.

My opinions is a buggy wifi driver or damaged unit with reduced wifi range.

I bet that works better with old slower but reliable 2.4Ghz network.

0 Likes
11 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Have you rebooted the router?  Also might check for a firmware update for it.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userZO0Ao4eX4r
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The router works we have other 2 Samsung device s7 and a51 working with no problem. This is for sure a problem of the tablet and the Wi-Fi chipset. I understood that tab a8 has a 'maybe' higher transfer rate but this capability is useless without an acceptable reliable connection. Better are the old devices...

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
You should at least reboot the router.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userZO0Ao4eX4r
Constellation
Options
Tablets
It seems that the fault is always on the couterpart. Router rebooted no difference this device has less connection capabilities than older devices. Thanks for the help. Bye
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Did you by chance boot to Safe Mode to test it?

Bill
---
0 Likes
userEcmiqgujWo
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I too have encountered a problem with a new Samsung Tab A8 10.5". The issue arises when I do not have my internal wifi network connected to the internet. The 5GHz wifi on the tablet will not remain connected more tha a few seconds, but the 2.4GHz wifi works without issues. If I connect the internal network to the internet the 5GHz wifi works fine.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try this in order.

1.  Power cycle both the router and the tablet.

2. Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset Network Connections

3.  If it still wont stay connected, Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports

Be sure to attach the error log by checking the box.

Bill
---
0 Likes
stangz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Testing it right now and will post if the connection starts failing again. 

0 Likes
Members_Olb6kFW
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue, my old galaxy tab A (2019) is being used by my wife without issue but my new galaxy tab a8 10.5 has had wifi connectivity issues since day one.  I did every suggested "solution" for this issue short of factory reset.  Obviously rebooting the router is not a solution for this issue as every other device works fine, all 48 of them.  Although I have rebooted all my network devices since I got the new tab a8 10.5 with no change.  Like so many I discovered turning off the wifi and back on as a work around but this is an issue samsung needs to address.  I got a new tablet so I would have a faster more robust tablet, so far the tab a8 10.5 is not it.

0 Likes