Original topic:

One UI 6.0 Navigation Buttons Frozen

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 10:33 AM)
Joseph1252
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just got the One UI 6.0 update on my Tab S9 Plus from Verizon and I noticed that the navigation buttons don't work on the home screen. Switching from buttons to swipe gestures fixes the issue but it's not ideal. Has anyone else had this issue as well? I wasn't sure if this was the place to post the bug or not.

13 Replies
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Tablets
I actually experienced this on my S22 Ultra as well. I never experienced it during beta testing but once the official rollout happened I had the same experience. For me a reboot fixed it and the issue has not resurfaced so far.
Joseph1252
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Im glad I wasnt the only one experiencing that, I'll try another reboot and see if that helps. Thank you!
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I don't have one UI 6.0 yet but I am having trouble with the navigation buttons on my Galaxy A13 5G I'm still on one UI 5.1 so it happens to me sometimes to
0 Likes
userR6vsb9RipE
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes I turned turned the task bar button off in settings. The row of apps is replaced by the 3 navigation buttons and they do work. So, I'll keep it like that until an update is rolled out. Go to settings/display/taskbar. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
userR6vsb9RipE
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yeah the same thing happened to mine so, I turned turned the task bar button off in settings. The row of apps is replaced by the 3 navigation buttons and they do work. So, I'll keep it like that until an update is rolled out. Go to settings/display/taskbar. Hope this helps. 

ItsOnlyMe123
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm chiming in here to say that I'm having the same problem as others with my S9+. I literally just updated to the one UI 6 and immediately noticed that the navigation wasn't working on my home screen. The only way to get it to work was if I was in another app. Thanks for sharing tips on how to at least get the navigation buttons working again on the home screen. I really hope they fix this soon
0 Likes
akozak
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same. S9 tablet

Reboot didn't fix

kinmod
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Fold 5 and have been using the navigation buttons flawlessly and for the first time after OneUI update (6.0) the buttons became useless....it ONLY happens on the big screen...the small screen works just find and after googling furiously I found that people with Samsung tablets run into this too (not sure its because the Fold resembles a tablet when opened or what).....I tried both the recovery >> clear cache as well as app repair....to no avail....but moving to "gesture" seems to work...so the pattern I see is that people who use to have navigation buttons now need to switch to gesture and the people who have gestures need to switch to buttons..... 

0 Likes
mikelpowl88
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I had this issue on my Tab S9 when it updated to ONE UI 6.0. I just got it working when I was messing around with the navigation bar settings. What seems to finally have fixed it for me was changing the buttons from right to left. They started working again. I switched them back to the right and are still working.
0 Likes