JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Only allowed five apps in Taskbar/Favourites Bar

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 10:42 AM)
ChillSheep
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have just received my Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra, completed all the updates and settings etc but find I am limited to just five apps in the taskbar  at the bottom of the screen, the favourite bar?

1. I understand that I should be allowed at least 9 apps in this area but when I try to add a sixth I am told no space to add as a favourite. I have seen videos with users having 12 apps permanently in this section with additional most recent being further to the right

i have not had any joy travelling settings or internet for answers. Just being allowed just 5 on such a large tablet is such a waste.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChillSheep
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Copying the phone settings across has caused this problem.

My Solution

I did a factory reset then used smart things and chose the custom option. Select whatever  you want to copy EXCEPT home screen settings then scroll down to the settings option and press the right arrow option to get the sub headings and DESELECT Phone settings and permissions.

This transferred everything across and while I then had to rearrange my home screen and go through settings to change such things notifications, sounds, Home Screen etc at least I have my array of apps back in that bottom taskbar/favourites bar. 14 places available for apps 😁

it makes sense, although a bug, that phone settings could mess up the tablet as there is a five app maximum for that area on the phone and a setting we do not have direct access to was perhaps copied across so rest

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Avimaker
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same to me. Today i bought my tab s9 and start transfering info from my phone. At first i has more than 10 apps in bottom of my screen. Than after restart the tablet and sync with my s23 ultra and finished the proces everything has crushed. I lost my arrangement and abbility to put more than 5 apps of the bottom. I write bottom because after search in google task bar is different thing. I tried everything and no success. My tab acting like a phone. So can someone help us to add more than 5 apps in our bottom line of the tab?

0 Likes
ChillSheep
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I’ve posted a solution although you will have to reset and go through smart things again.

0 Likes
Avimaker
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thank you,

yesterday when i go to sleep i thought to reinstall everything without home screen and see will work or no. 

Than today i sawyour answer and made it.

Now everything is fine and i have a tablet, not a big screen phone 🙂

Thank you again 🙂

Solution
ChillSheep
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Copying the phone settings across has caused this problem.

My Solution

I did a factory reset then used smart things and chose the custom option. Select whatever  you want to copy EXCEPT home screen settings then scroll down to the settings option and press the right arrow option to get the sub headings and DESELECT Phone settings and permissions.

This transferred everything across and while I then had to rearrange my home screen and go through settings to change such things notifications, sounds, Home Screen etc at least I have my array of apps back in that bottom taskbar/favourites bar. 14 places available for apps 😁

it makes sense, although a bug, that phone settings could mess up the tablet as there is a five app maximum for that area on the phone and a setting we do not have direct access to was perhaps copied across so rest

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Download the Good Lock App and then download Home Up you will then be able to add up to 9 favorites
0 Likes
ChillSheep
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for info. However, after doing a reset and copying everything except phone settings I can now place 14 apps in the taskbar 😁