Original topic:

TAB S6 Security Concerns

(Topic created: 01-08-2024 11:01 PM)
AQHE99
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi team

I bought SAMSUNG TAB S6 256 GB IN 2019... Now I got last security in August 2023... my question is my tab s6 vulnerable to security attacks or my date will be compromised if I start using this tab with no security update??? Need your input
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@AQHE99 If you encounter a site or app which exploits one of the issues in the more recent security updates, yes your device could be compromised. Unfortunately this is the world that we live in when we go online. 

You can use apps such as Bitdefender and Malwarebytes to detect when such incursions occur. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Options
Tablets

I have an s7 plus. The last security patch was in August as well and no issues. How ever your data could be compromised based on the websites you're in or the apps you install

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@AQHE99 If you encounter a site or app which exploits one of the issues in the more recent security updates, yes your device could be compromised. Unfortunately this is the world that we live in when we go online. 

You can use apps such as Bitdefender and Malwarebytes to detect when such incursions occur.