JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Email Changed

(Topic created: 05-03-2024 04:36 PM)
mesport
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
My Email changed so I uninstalled it hoping it would come back looking like it did before but not only is it still different, but all my old emails are gone out of my individual folders. I know they are still there on the xfinity website but I'd like to have them in my Samsung email. Does anyone know how to get them back?

Thanks as always.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Open your email Tap the 3 lines then settings click on the email address and select email sync and select All time
1714782174177.jpg1714782174201.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Because of limited phone storage, email apps, usually don't store anything fir more than a day or two. You have web mail with xfinity, do they will remain there unless and until you delete them. That is the nature if phone based email readers, which are differnt from computer apps like thunderbird.
0 Likes
mesport
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Prior to when I uninstalled the app, the Samsung email app kept all my emails for years and years so it's kind of odd that its not bringing them all in now.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
They may have kept them, but once you deleted the app, you deleted the data: the email. The app won't redownload them unless you soehow flag them as new mail
mesport
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Sorry to have to disagree but I figured it out. Once I went into the settings and clicked on the folders to sync, all the emails are coming back.
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Open your email Tap the 3 lines then settings click on the email address and select email sync and select All time
1714782174177.jpg1714782174201.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

mesport
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Just figured it out before you sent this but thanks for the info!