JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen issues on tablet

(Topic created: 04-08-2023 06:18 PM)
GermanR
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Yeah umm so basically like 3 days ago my galaxy tab a8 has developed like lines on the the right side of the screen so basically it happens randomly but when I shut my tablet off and turn it back on the lines disappear and I've been wondering what should I do should I replace the screen or is it like a software issue or something 🤔

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

First Boot to Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.   If it doesn't then the problem is from one of your apps. 

To isolate the problem to hardware or software, perform a Factory Reset and do not install the backup.  This will put the tablet into a like new configuration at which point if you still get the lines it's a hardware problem  and needs repair. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

First Boot to Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.   If it doesn't then the problem is from one of your apps. 

To isolate the problem to hardware or software, perform a Factory Reset and do not install the backup.  This will put the tablet into a like new configuration at which point if you still get the lines it's a hardware problem  and needs repair. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor