Options
Tablets

"Registration Failed" message while trying to update software for Galaxy Tab S7

5 Replies
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Tablets
I've gotten the same error before, really not sure why this happens.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Other's have reported this error but their software was actually updated.  Have you checked the version installed on the tablet to see if it was updated?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
userMq4IICPw3G
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

No, it didn't get updated, last is from December 22,2021

Thanks for getting back

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try using Smart Switch,

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update.

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files.

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
userMq4IICPw3G
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks Bill it did work.

0 Likes