JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab A7 will not factory reset

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 11:57 AM)
Richie_B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought an A7 back in September to use in my store. It didn't do what I wanted it to do exactly so I decided to just keep it for myself. Had a bunch of stuff to do around the holidays so I didn't get to mess with it until now. I charged it up and turned it on and it wont take my password. I tried many many times and nothing worked and it also never gave me an option to reset it. I tried to reset it on the find my device app but it wouldn't do it there either. It said find my device was not turned on even though I turned it on when I set it up. After searching I found an article that said I could factory reset it by holding the power and volume down button then switching to power and volume up button when the device went off. This doesn't work either. It never makes it to the reset menu. I've watched a thousand youtubes and read a thousand articles and nothing works. I've called support twice now and was told it must be a software problem, but I cant send it in to be repaired because it has to be reset before I send it in. so... Do I just have a $200 paperweight now?

35 Replies
LeeMc71
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I hope you have been able to get your tablet reset- I'm adding to this thread in hopes it can help others as well. Like many people I tried the method described by numerous posts, never worked.  Until...

I connected to my laptop. Once the device was recognized it was listed as a connected device on the laptops settings "Devices" (windows 10).

I held the power and volume down buttons until the moment the tablet disappeared from the connected devices, then switched to power and volume up buttons. After a few seconds the recovery screen came up on the tablet. FINALLY!

As soon as the recovery screen comes up, however, release the buttons because the default selection is reboot the device and if you keep holding the power button (which is the "select" button in the recovery screen) it will simply do that- reboot.

It took me a couple tries to get the timing, but it did work.

Solution
localhardrive
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I finally found a solution that works to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500. This is the device that will not work with the typical method which is to power off the tablet, then hold down volume up and power until the Android recovery screen comes on.

For the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500 do this:
1. Connect the tablet to a Windows PC with a USB cable while the PC and tablet are powered on
2. Hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the tablet powers off and you hear the disconnected device sound on the PC
3. Then let go of the volume down and then hold volume up while continuing to hold power
4. The Android Recovery screen load
5. Let go of the buttons
6. Press volume down multiple times to highlight Wipe data/factory reset
7. Then press the power button to select

Funthomas
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I had the same issue. One addition to Astronaut’s description: after rebooting into the hard reset blue screen, I had to keep depressing the Power + Volume up button for 30sec in order for the reset screen to stay. If I let go right after the blues reset screen opened, the tablet booted up normal.

Members_vOX97NI
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

for those of you who that did not worked i figure it out.

- make sure to conect your tablet on a computer with a Transfer Data Cable not your regular charger cable type C make sure it makes the sound when you conected to your computer and then follow the steps.

imsi
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Many Thanks to Astronaut, Funthomas and Constellation. 

I needed to apply the info from all 3 of these posts to get mine working.

I'd been looking for a solution for ages.

0 Likes
A7reset
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Following localhardrive
Advice this works as he/she knew it would. Thanks I was able to reset my tablet when all else failed.
I am now in the process of resetting up my Samsung galaxy tab A7
0 Likes