JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S7 Failed Update

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 05:14 PM)
Crunch_Spice
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My Tab S7 Failed to update recently and was stuck in the boot screen.

Since then I let the battery drain and have now plugged it in hoping to get to the recovery mode by holding the physical buttons as suggested in other posts/videos.

As of this afternoon the tablet is flashing a black screen for 1 second and then turning off the screen for apx 2.5 seconds in an endless loop.

I've tried holding power and volume up as well as power and volume down for 15 seconds with no success.

Any tips?

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Tablets
You gonna need to flash the latest firmware version to your tablet using Smart Switch.
By plugging your tablet to a PC. Using emergency recovery option
Options
Tablets
Some reason connecting a black screen device to a computer via usb an using the hard side keys to boot up a device works better.

I used this method for my Note 4 Edge an other devices.

And if Smart Switch doesn't work. You'll have to use a more advanced software. Using Odin3 which is for the advanced users. I only use Odin3 if my phone is completely bricked
0 Likes
Crunch_Spice
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Is there anyway to preserve the data? No online backup was created

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
None of your internal storage files, i.e., photos, music, videos, docs, etc., will not be removed until you do a repartition of the device using Odin.

As long as you don't do a master reset or repartition, you should be fine.
using Odin3

Now using SmartSwitch
I heard using Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization. Will delete everything. But the last time I unbricked my phone. None of my data was missing. Maybe I did a backup
0 Likes