JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USB Flash Drive

(Topic created: 08-03-2022 02:01 PM)
useriXX8BtsRrY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
How do you safely unmount a USB Flash Drive if the USB Icon does not appear in the status bar on the Samsung Galaxy tablet A7 Lite after insertion of a flash drive?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Find and open the app My Files.   Select your SD card from the list on the left. Click on the 3 dot menu in the upper right and tap UNMOUNT.

Screenshot_20220803-144351_My Files.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
useriXX8BtsRrY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Do you need an SD card to be installed in the tablet for this to work?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Nope, just plugged one into my connected USB hub and then unmounted it with My Files.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
useriXX8BtsRrY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Assuming you're talking about an android tablet, what my files app are you using?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

I used the stock My Files which came on my Tab S8U , File Manager+, and Solid Explorer, all have unmount.

Bill
---