JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

accidentally added to Gallery

(Topic created: 05-20-2023 07:28 PM)
Medrod
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I only use Gallery for photos but I somehow accidentally synced my Tab 8+ Gallery with my movies that are on it. How do I get them out of Gallery without deleting them from my tablet? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

In Gallery click on Albums.  Then go to the 3 dot menu and select Hide Albums.  Hide the album with the videos. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

9 Replies
Options
Tablets
You could possibly go in your camera settings I know camera has nothing to do with what you mentioned you're talking videos and gallery but you might be able to go into your camera and reset your settings and then it will ask you where to direct your pictures I don't know if that'll help you or not
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

In Gallery click on Albums.  Then go to the 3 dot menu and select Hide Albums.  Hide the album with the videos. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Starscreen
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Or you can go to your recently added and delete them manually
0 Likes
Medrod
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
That deletes them from the tablet. I only want them taken out of Gallery but left on the tablet.
0 Likes
Starscreen
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Or maybe you can put it in your secure folder
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Hiding the ALBUM does just that, it does not delete them. 

If you don't believe me go into Gallery Settings and make sure trash is turned on then anything you delete is moved to Trash for 30 days before being deleted.  But only "Delete" deletes something, Hide just prevents it from being displayed in Gallery.  

Bill
---
0 Likes
Medrod
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
is there a way to make it so that Gallery cannot see the directory that they are in? Which would make it the way it was originally.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Not that I'm aware of.  Your best option is the Secure Folder

Bill
---
0 Likes
Medrod
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thx