Original topic:

Front Loader Staining Clothes

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 06:16 PM)
aveurink
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello everyone!

I’ve been having trouble for about six months with clothes coming out of my washing machine with grey stains on them that I cannot get out. I take good care of my machine and do all the recommended self-cleaning and more.

I also stopped using one product at a time to see if it was a certain product causing the staining, but that did not work.

We paid to have an appliance repair company to come help and they said they were “stumped”.

I don’t know what else to do! I’m feeling very discouraged. We only got the washing machine a couple years ago, so I’d rather not have to replace.

I have model #WF50R8500AV. I attached some pictures of the clothing items that were stained. 

Hoping someone has a similar experience or ideas for me! Thank you!!

IMG_2883.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3083.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with your washing machine. Grey stains on clothes can be frustrating indeed. While I can't diagnose the issue directly, I can suggest a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check the Drum and Seals: Inspect the inside of the washing machine drum and the rubber seals around the door for any signs of buildup, mold, or residue. Sometimes, these can transfer onto clothes and cause staining. Clean the drum and seals thoroughly using a damp cloth and mild detergent.

2. Use the Right Detergent: Make sure you're using a high-quality, HE (high-efficiency) detergent that's suitable for your washing machine. Using the wrong detergent or too much detergent can sometimes lead to residue buildup.

3. Clean the Dispenser and Filters: Clean the detergent dispenser and any filters in your washing machine. Residue buildup in these areas can also lead to staining. Refer to your washing machine's manual for instructions on how to clean these parts.

4. Check for Sharp Objects: Sometimes, small objects like coins or hairpins can get lodged in the drum or between the drum and the inner workings of the machine. These objects can cause damage and potentially lead to staining.

5. Consider Water Quality: Hard water can sometimes lead to mineral deposits that might cause stains on clothes. You could consider using a water softener if you have hard water in your area.

6. Run Empty Cycles: Occasionally run empty hot water cycles with a cup of white vinegar or washing machine cleaner to help remove any buildup inside the machine.

7. Contact the Manufacturer: Since you've had an appliance repair company look at it and they were unable to identify the issue, it might be worth reaching out to the manufacturer's customer service for further assistance. They might have specific advice for your model of washing machine.

Remember to consult your washing machine's manual for specific instructions on cleaning and maintenance.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with your washing machine. Grey stains on clothes can be frustrating indeed. While I can't diagnose the issue directly, I can suggest a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check the Drum and Seals: Inspect the inside of the washing machine drum and the rubber seals around the door for any signs of buildup, mold, or residue. Sometimes, these can transfer onto clothes and cause staining. Clean the drum and seals thoroughly using a damp cloth and mild detergent.

2. Use the Right Detergent: Make sure you're using a high-quality, HE (high-efficiency) detergent that's suitable for your washing machine. Using the wrong detergent or too much detergent can sometimes lead to residue buildup.

3. Clean the Dispenser and Filters: Clean the detergent dispenser and any filters in your washing machine. Residue buildup in these areas can also lead to staining. Refer to your washing machine's manual for instructions on how to clean these parts.

4. Check for Sharp Objects: Sometimes, small objects like coins or hairpins can get lodged in the drum or between the drum and the inner workings of the machine. These objects can cause damage and potentially lead to staining.

5. Consider Water Quality: Hard water can sometimes lead to mineral deposits that might cause stains on clothes. You could consider using a water softener if you have hard water in your area.

6. Run Empty Cycles: Occasionally run empty hot water cycles with a cup of white vinegar or washing machine cleaner to help remove any buildup inside the machine.

7. Contact the Manufacturer: Since you've had an appliance repair company look at it and they were unable to identify the issue, it might be worth reaching out to the manufacturer's customer service for further assistance. They might have specific advice for your model of washing machine.

Remember to consult your washing machine's manual for specific instructions on cleaning and maintenance.

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers
You'd be better off reaching out to Samsung directly.

Samsung support 1-800-726-7864
Samsung text support text START to the same number.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your washer, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you