Original topic:

Samsung 9C8 Error Code- Clearly Explained Fix

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 06:55 AM)
CynthiaR81
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Step 1: Power on washer

Step 2: Press Temp, Spin, Rinse, Spin then turn knob until you see 006-(this should show the error code 9C8)

Step 3: Hold Start button until it beeps, then hold Smart Control for 3 sec till it beeps, then Temp. (Reset sequence)

The displayed # should have changed to 005.

Step 4: Repeat steps: Hold Start button until it beeps, then hold Smart Control for 3 sec till it beeps, then Temp. The displayed # should have changed to 004.

Step 5: Repeat process through every displayed # until the screen goes blank. (I think I repeated this step 10x or so) 

Step 6: Once display is blank (showing no numbers) hold start one more time till it beeps. Power off. Should hear a pump sound resetting. Then power on again and jump for joy! Hope this explanation is clear and easy to understand.

8 Replies
Conner1
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

What if it continues to show the error code?

0 Likes
Members_bOPxA9M
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks, that worked for me. 

The key part I missed the first few times I tried it is that after turning the washing machine on, you need to press the Temp button, then press the Spin button, then press the Rinse button then go back and press the Spin button again.  I was pressing all of the buttons at once and it wasn't doing anything.

Then rotate the turn knob.

I think after you have done step 4 a couple of times (hold start, the smart controller for 3 seconds, the temp) you can just turn it off for a few minutes and turn it back on.

That is what I did - I never got the screen to go blank

0 Likes
trigueoh
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

What if your model doesnt have a smart control button

0 Likes
Members_JdeN9CJ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Still didn't work. I even heard the pump reset. 

0 Likes
Members_JdeN9CJ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This didn't work. Apparently there's an issue with the circuit board. Unfortunately Samsung doesn't care about the clothes you were washing. I have COVID so I may have to wait two weeks for them to get someone out. Nevermind the fact they never sent anything out about a recall. 

0 Likes
_j_p
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Worked like a charm. To get all blanks I had 2 repeat sequence 3 times (Start/SmartControl/Temp)

0 Likes
saintchirs
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I don't have a rinse button.  I have a Temp, Spin, and soil button.  I don't even see a button that says smart control.  Please advise.

0 Likes
J rogers
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer doesnā€™t have a rinse button. Model #WA50B5100AW. What do I do to clear the 9C8 error code?

0 Likes