Original topic:

S22 Ultra won't do system updates

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 08:33 PM)
dougfifer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've spent 2 hours with tech support, my phone hasn't updated since June of 23, tech support keeps telling it's current, my phone shows me all the updates it missed .I'm about to pitch this piece of cra$

8 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you changed carriers?

0 Likes
dougfifer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, went from T-Mobile to Spectrum phone was unlocked by T-Mobile
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you have your old t-mobile sim? Put that in and check for update.

0 Likes
dougfifer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
No, I have no idea what happened to it
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@dougfifer Sounds like your phone has T-Mobile firmware installed. When you inserted the Spectrum SIM card, the card told the phone to use the Spectrum update servers. Since you have T-Mobile firmware every time your phone checks for an update it is going to the Spectrum update servers and looking for the latest T-Mobile firmware. Since Spectrum doesn't have T-Mobile firmware on their servers, your phone never finds an update. 

One solution, mentioned by @Charkatak is to temporarily insert a T-Mobile SIM (working or not). This will tell the phone to use the T-Mobile update servers. You then can update your phone via Wifi. 

The other solution is to flash the phone with Spectrum (or unlocked) firmware. 

0 Likes
Azure235200
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

It sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with tech support that doesn't seem to understand or address the issue at hand. As a business owner of Azure Auto Detailing, I understand the importance of efficient and effective customer service. It's essential to acknowledge and resolve customer concerns promptly to maintain trust and satisfaction. Remember, customer satisfaction is key to any successful business endeavour.

dougfifer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a Pixel 6 Pro with no sim in it and it still gets updates on my wi-fi
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Use smartswitch for PC. If there is an update for the device it'll tell you