Original topic:

Warning: Camera Failed Notification

(Topic created: 02-01-2022 01:13 PM)
BenStewart95
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey everyone! 

I've seem similar problems to mine, but hoping there will be a solution soon.

My phone is the Galaxy S21+ 5G.

Upon opening Camera app I receive the message "Warning: Camera Failed". Other apps utilizing the camera also no longer are able to. Trying another Camera app does not work as well. Sometimes, opening the Camera app just shows an Icon of a camera and nothing else on a black screen.

The front-facing "selfie" camera works just fine, but can only be accessed by telling Google "Take a Selfie", otherwise the "Warning: Camera Failed" prevents you from getting there.

Here's what I've tried:

Rebooting Phone

Clearing Camera Cache

Clearing Camera Data

Reset Camera Settings

Clearing Gallery Cache

Clearing Cache Partition

Trying Alternative Camera App

Starting Phone in Safe Mode

Deleting Recently Installed Apps

I DID NOT factory reset, and I DO NOT want to unless absolutely necessary. Knowing my luck, I'll factory reset and it still will not work and then I'll be out of all my data.

I also DO NOT have a phone repair store in this little small town I live in. 

The latest update on phone is G996USQU4BUKF

Hopefully someone will be able to provide assistance,

thanks!

15 Replies
thoughts
Comet
Options
Probably a hardware failure. Back up your data with smart switch for Mac os or windows. Then reset the phone
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
So, how long have you had this phone?

You've had these issues since "day one" ... or was there some "event" where you suddenly see the issue?
Faddy
Astronaut
Options
0 Likes
Partwo
Asteroid
Options

Same. Samsung replaced all the camera's to no avail, then replaced my S21 Ultra with a new phone that has network comnectivity issues. So now I've got a fancy camera but can't even make a  phonecall from my own home. It's so frustrating

Who_Is_John_Galt
Astronaut
Options
Same issue here as of this AM
Wickster
Astronaut
Options
Same issue. Factory reset didn't work. Cleared cache partition and repaired apps. Still same issue.
Billyf
Astronaut
Options
Ben, had same issue with my S-20 Ultra, less than a month, noticed this happened after update. Called it in, did all what they told me to do. Still did not work, so they sent me a refurbished phone. I rejected it and told them this is a new phone. Had to go to Samsung directly. They sent me a phone, worked great. Until this week. Got message Camera failed. Had phone for a while now, so I do agree this is either a hardware issue or programming issue. Only fix I know of is replacement.
userh8NdKGjYjJ
Asteroid
Options
Same issue since one UI update late November, I have performed all the same and a factory update and still not working!!
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I understand how frustrating this is. Here is a link with troubleshooting steps that may help. https://www.lifewire.com/fix-camera-failed-error-samsung-galaxy-4176450 If you are still receiving the notification after completing all of the troubleshooting, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html  I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.